AM-Liner East, Inc. is seeking a Safety Manger! The ideal candidate will work closely with office personnel and field employees to eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury and/or property damage. The person in this position will assist with enforcing compliance of operations personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, governmental, OSHA and DOT regulations. The Safety Manger is also responsible for keeping policies up to date, meeting the latest standards and establishing new ones from time to time as more and newer risks are discovered.
- Assist in identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional knowledge, skill and abilities
- Apply knowledge of psychological and physiological factors to assist in the design of safety features and controls, compensating for the possibility of human errors in the operation of machinery and equipment
- Ensure that pre-employment safety training and all other specifically required training is provided for all employees
- Ability to train, influence and motivate employees
- Communication Skills
- Personnel Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving/Analysis
This position supervises the Safety Coordinator and works closely with the Operations and Fleet Teams to enforce company policy and safety standards per OSHA and DOT regulations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is generally outdoors on construction sites therefore you will be subject to extreme heat and/or cold temperatures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Core days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Will require travel and some overnights. On call for after hour emergencies.
Notable Training and Experience
- Valid driver’s license required with clean driving record required
- Minimum 2 years construction safety experience.
- OSHA Certification
- Confined Space Trainer
- ATSSA Flagger Instructor Trainer
- DOT Log Training/ELD
- Defensive Driving Training
- HAZ COM Certification
- First Aid/CPR Trainer
- Hazwoper 40
- Trench and Excavation/Scaffolding Trainer Certification
- Experience with workman’s compensation claims and litigation
- Knowledge of PPE requirements
- Position will require the frequent use of MS Windows 7 and/or MS Windows 10, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Commercial Drivers License preferred
Other Duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Am-Liner East, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on, age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Am-Liner East, Inc. offers a competitive salary based on experience. We offer medial and dental insurance, paid vacation and paid holidays.
Apply on-line at www.amlinereast.com