Insituform Technologies, LLC is seeking a Product Engineer.
Insituform Technologies, LLC, an Aegion company, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
- Develops new products and improve current products, individually and as part of the R&D team
- Becomes knowledgeable on the materials used in the development of new products
- Develops new equipment and/or supports the development of new equipment.
- Works with manufacturing & sales in commercializing new products
- Works with Operations in developing new process and improve current process and practice
- Analyzes field data and develops product and application designs and installation techniques for projects outside the scope of normal efforts
- Leads special testing efforts of unusual applications
- Provides hands on field support of non-standard installations
- Joins product development teams and becomes involved in planning, lab scale testing and verification, installation techniques, field testing and field training.
- Works closely with the Sales Team to address high-level engineering issues related to our product and the customer’s systems.
- Develops and delivers presentations for customers and the Sales Team
- Other duties as assigned
For the successful performance of this position, an individual must be able to achieve and/or perform the essential duties of the position. Listed below are representative requirements for job knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Material Science, Composite, or Civil, engineering with 2+ years of hands-on applicable experience required
- Prior experience with pressure piping and/or underground piping design preferred
- 1+ years’ experience with Solidworks/ProEngineer/Creo or equivalent 3D software preferred
- 1+ years’ experience with Mathcad preferred
- A candidate with an applicable cooperative/intern experience highly preferred. Preference given to new graduate’s with experience/passion for working with polymer composites in the areas of composite manufacturing or resin processing or composite design
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; draft reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information to individuals or groups (management, clients, customers, general public) and respond to questions. Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform arithmetic calculations and apply basic statistical, algebraic, and geometric concepts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volumes, etc.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists and interpret various instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Leadership Skills: Position requires individual to have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower, to be a strong communicator able to take initiative and function independently
- Computer-Based: Ability to work with complex spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software. Ability to learn new applications quickly. Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is: regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (occasionally up to 25 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration.
- Work Environment: In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work in an office type environment but will occasionally be required to work in outside weather conditions (occasionally near job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Must be willing to travel up to 10% of time, by automobile and airplane, both domestically and internationally.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, overtime pay, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested