Hiring Range: 48,575 – 58,290
Hours: 7:00 A.M. - 3:30 P.M.
This role is responsible for the oversight and operation of the Automated Meter Reading (AMR) program. This highly technical role is responsible for processing, reviewing, and submitting AMR data for approximately 90,000 residential and commercial water meters. While supervising a team of 3 employees that are responsible for collecting this data, the AMR Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and managing the integrity of the AMR infrastructure, the water meter inventory and working closing with other work units within the Water & Sewer Maintenance Division and Customer Billing Services to ensure the delivery of accurate and reliable data. The ideal candidate will possess industry knowledge, demonstrated leadership capabilities, and have the potential to lead the City of Durham and AMR program to a highly successful AMI (Automated Meter Infrastructure) program.
The job performs a variety of complex sub-professional engineering duties associated with meters and is also responsible for requisitioning necessary parts and materials in area of assignment. Performs required administrative work, evaluates equipment needs, develops goals and objectives for the teams, assists in writing technical specifications for new equipment and materials, ensures that preventative maintenance and calibration schedules are met, & troubleshoots system problems. Reviews daily job reports prepared by subordinates for accuracy and completeness; confers with subordinates on work in process.
Your capabilities should anticipate & resolve issues, direct projects & staff with sound leadership capabilities and ability to lead change during a time of ambiguity. Must have technical knowledge of the water &/or waste water business & comfortable using computer software. Related software and hardware includes but is not limited to MS Office, City Works, ARB N Sight, MX 900, Neptunes N-Sight, ESRI, MUNIS, Trimble handheld computers, laptops, mobile tablets, smart phones, transmitters and antennas.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with any of the following: analysis, GIS, project management, environmental studies or any math/science/engineering field
- Valid NC Class C Driver's License.
- Some supervisory experience managing people or projects
- Must exhibit sound leadership, analytical/problem resolution, intermediate math & writing skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using Microsoft office suite
This position is classified as Group 1 (Critical to emergency operations, will report to work in spite of or because of an emergency or disaster event)Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience with conversion from manual to AMR highly preferred
- NC Commercial Driver's License (CDL) - A
- NC Grade B Water Distribution Certification
- OSHA Competent Person/Trenching/Shoring
- NC Grade III Wastewater Collections Certification
- AWWA Meter Technician Certification
- NC Cross Connection Control ORC Certification
Enjoy our benefits that include 401(k), 457, retirement, flex spending accounts, medical, life, dental, vision, generous annual/holiday leave with options to purchase other benefits such as auto or legal coverage.
Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/durhamnc
Jobs are open until filled.
EOE - Individuals selected for offer of employment must pass the City of Durham physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background investigation. Prior to an interview, a driver’s license history check may be conducted. You must have the legal right to work in the U.S. The company will not sponsor any applicant to obtain documentation of that right to work.