March 16, 2020
In light of yesterday’s recommendation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that all gatherings of 50 people or more be cancelled or postponed for the next eight weeks to help deter the spread of the COVID-19 virus, NASSCO has decided to cancel its Annual Conference scheduled for April 22-24, 2020 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Event registrations will be refunded within the next 7-14 days, or sooner.
- Please cancel hotel, airline and other travel accommodations you may have made directly.
- NASSCO will schedule a Webinar on Thursday, April 23 to update members on the past year’s activity and provide instructions for voting for NASSCO’s Board of Directors and proposed budget for FY 2020/2021. Details for this Webinar are currently being developed, but please mark your calendar now.
- NASSCO plans to present committee updates, provide awards of recognition and network with members during WEFTEC 2020. Details are being developed and it is our hope that Sponsors of the 2020 Annual Conference will allow us to roll over sponsorship to this event. We will be reaching out to each sponsor company separately in the coming days.
- NASSCO will hold its 2021 Annual Conference at Margaritaville Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida April 20-22, 2021, as planned.
- NASSCO is working with Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale to re-schedule, with the 2022 Annual Conference possibly being held at their property. Details are pending.
We are as disappointed as we assume you are. NASSCO’s Annual Conference is always a great time to connect with industry friends, exchange ideas and learn more about trenchless technologies and trends.
Please know that this decision was not an easy one, but our goal is to keep our members and staff healthy and safe. We will continue to provide updates to future events and webinars, but if you have any specific questions please let us know.
Thank you in advance for understanding this difficult decision.