Jet/Vac Combination Truck Labor Foreman
Position Summary: Operate the Combination Jet-Vac Truck. Must be in the Laborer’s Union or willing to join if not already a member.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate utilities from a map and set up proper traffic control for safe deployment.
- Clean all underground utilities prior to pipe inspection team gaining access.
- Ensure all safety guidelines are followed.
- Inspect, clean, and perform repairs on mechanical equipment.
- Record and maintain accurate maintenance records and forms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be capable of operating the assigned machine in a safe manner so as not to jeopardize their safety, the safety of others around him and all other related equipment.
- Must be able to work efficiently in an unsupervised situation/independently.
- Must be able to work with a team.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently maneuver trucks.
- Must be able to operate required equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must be able to do a competent inspection of the equipment including fluids.
- Must be able to apply and retain information provided in crew meetings.
- Must be able to understand directions/instructions on methods/process to do work.
- Must be able to follow specific directions.
- Must be able to stoop and bend as required.
- Must be able to maintain physical strength and stamina.
- Must be able to coordinate the movements of eyes, hands, and feet.
- Must be able to use arms, hands, and legs fully.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to maintain three points of contact while entering, exiting, or inspecting equipment.
- Must be able to maintain high level of awareness for a busy project work environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have required minimum licensing applicable to vehicle such as state issued license or commercial motor vehicle licenses in good standing. (Required minimum of Class B with a tanker endorsement and no travel restrictions out of state) or able to obtain relatively quickly.
- Must meet Kokosing’s requirements for a company license.
- Will be required to join the Laborer’s Union if not already a member.
- Company will provide training on our Hydro-Jet truck and locating utilities.
- Operate the truck predominately throughout the state of Ohio, and occasionally surrounding states.
- Travel is required, including overnight stays.
- Exposure to the elements: Heat and cold.
- Must be able to work at least 8 to 12 hours per day as job dictates.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.