NASSCO is an association that brings together professionals dedicated to evaluating and repairing sewers. Our members combine their practical experience and technical expertise in a non-competitive environment to set standards and make sure work is done right. NASSCO addresses issues quickly while also providing training, networking, and committee participation opportunities. Even one member can make a positive impact on the entire sewer industry.
NASSCO is committed to setting industry standards for the assessment and rehabilitation of underground infrastructure, and to assure the continued acceptance and growth of trenchless technologies.
Strategic Plan Summary
To set industry standards for the assessment, maintenance and rehabilitation of underground infrastructure, and to assure the continued acceptance and growth of trenchless technologies.
To improve the success rate of everyone involved in the pipeline rehabilitation industry through Education, Technical Resources, and Industry Advocacy
Quality Training & Technical Resources
Create and promote industry standards, to include training and other technical resources, with cooperation from like-minded associations to improve the success & growth of trenchless technologies
- Improve quality and accessibility of training materials for the Pipeline Assessment & Certification Program (PACP) and the Inspector Training & Certification Program (ITCP).
- Develop relevant and high quality online training courses
- Update existing and complete new technical manuals and standards to raise the bar for the industry
- Build relationships with academia to include TTC (Louisiana Tech), CUIRE (University of Texas, Arlington), and others
Industry Advocacy & Growth
Promote the use of trenchless technologies, and improve the success rate of trenchless technologies through education and advocacy
- Maintain and build productive relationships with WEF, ASCE Pipelines, and other Professional Associations to strengthen the industry
- Provide members with an awareness of issues relating to government funding or buried infrastructure and facilitate member involvement issues that impact industry growth.
- Provide educational opportunities through webinars, Education Day at WWETT, Technical Workshops, Technical Day at the Annual Conference and other opportunities
- Establish an Apprenticeship Program through US DOL to reduce costs associated with hiring new employees with no experience
- Execute an aggressive marketing plan (to include Case Studies, Articles, Tech Tips, etc.) to reach municipalities, engineers and others who would benefit from standards to improve and increase the use of trenchless technologies
Establish tools and processes to efficiently disseminate information and offer the best service possible to the industry
- Improve NASSCO’s data management and website tools to facilitate better service and resources for the membership, the individuals that we train and to the industry in general
- Evaluate NASSCO staffing and board structure to better serve our clients and grow the organization
NASSCO was formed in 1976 with one goal in mind: To improve the success rate of everyone involved in the pipeline rehabilitation industry through education, technical resources, and industry advocacy. During our nearly 40 year history we have made great strides, but our work is never done. We are constantly researching, evaluating and developing new methods to train our members and educate them about the importance of properly rehabilitated underground utilities. But we also learn from our valued members. Through our strong networking base, our members are an important resource as they openly share real-life experiences which, in the end, help us all.